November 17, 2005

My little parcel


I can exhale, my BBM package has arrived safely on Ana´s porch this Wednesday! Nothing was broken and the lussekatts was still edible! I am so glad, because when I checked out on the internet a parcel to Canada was shipped in 5 days. OK, I thought, then I can make her some lussekatts and send them, they will be fine if she throws them in the oven for some minutes. And so I did, and off I went to the post office where a very nice lady helped me out with toll forms and everything and then merrily said "Bye-bye, your parcel will reach Canada in 8 working days". What a schock. As it turned out, the parcel arrived exactly one week later...

By the way, I told the very nice lady in the post office all about BBM and she thought it was a great idea! And not only because she works in a place that benefits from people sending parcels. I think I will have to go back and tell her that everything went well even though I sent grain products to Canada (it was not allowed, but I wrote "sweets" on the form, said a prayer and sent it off)

2 comments:

Anne said...

Oh, how cool! Did you use a special recipe for long-lasting lussekatter, or just a regular one? I have a friend in Greece who's dying to try some, and I want to send her a bunch.. but I'm scared they'll be stiff and stale by the time they get there.

Clivia said...

I used kesella in the dough, that makes them last a little longer. I always use kesella in lussekatter, by the way. I used the recipe in Bonniers kokbok if you have it? Sending them to Greece would be just fine I think! She can whack them in the oven and they will turn out almost fresh again...