October 17, 2005

Swede soup

Concidering my nationality, the following recipe may have a silly undertone, but anyway - it is tasty, cheap and warming on a cold october monday (today it was gloves premier). I got the recipe from another blogger, Gunilla, who got it from her mother.

Swede soup
1 medium size swede
1 small onion (I used two shalotts)
2-3 tablespoons of flour
about 1 litre of good strong stock, vegetable or meat
1 dl (about 3/4 cup) of creme fraiche or cream or similar

Grate the swede (next time I will use food processor instead of a grater because the little swede things came all over the place) and chop the onions finely. Fry it all for some minutes in oil or butter, powder the flour over, stir and add the stock. Today I wanted thick soup so I only used 7 dl of stock. Salt and pepper, and let it simmer for about 20 minutes. Then I mixed it, but that is optional. Stir in some cream or creme fraiche.
And eat!

Tomorrow when I bring it to lunch I will add in some diced ham I think....

No comments: