January 21, 2006

Turnip cabbage

I just want to draw your attention to this little fellow, the turnip cabbage or turnip kale or kohlrabi as it says in my dictionary. Kålrabbi in Swedish. Call it what you want - it is so good!
Veggies in Sweden this time of year is a sad story. The tomatoes are boring, the cucumber boring. If you want tasty veggies you have to stick to the root vegetables and different cabbages. Turnip kale is wonderfully crunchy and juicy and has a very delicate cabbage flavour. Just peel it carefully because the peel is quite rough, cut in pieces and tuck in! It is an absolute delight, and nothing but good for you.

Over and out - We are renovating the hallway and now it is time for the floor...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good luck with the renovations! And keep up the blogging ... I love your site!

rlf said...

hello, have you ever cooked colrabi "gratiné" (baked with bechamel)?
i rarely find that vege's here in Britanny!

Clivia said...

no, never. I have only eaten it raw and like it very much that way. But maybe I should try to cook something with it some day...

Kinna Jonsson said...

To be honest, I have never tried this one. Shame on me. Clivia you can read about root vegetables on my blog tomorrow. I am just preparing recipes for friday evening dinner.